In need of help finding any pelleted feed in Michigan.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Rooster Ray, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Rooster Ray

Rooster Ray Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    I have searched the forums and have been unable to find any information on a good pellet feed available near Kalamazoo MI. I have tried Heinold, Dumor, and Layena and am tired of buying them and getting mostly powder in the bags. So I thought this would be a great place to ask what others are using or what might be available in my area. Thanks in advance.

2. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Hi Rooster Ray,
    Sorry, I don't have any input for you regarding the feed but I just wanted to say [​IMG]

3. Rooster Ray

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    Thanks for the welcome

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    I just bought some pelleted layer feed at Tractor Supply..... Dumor.....does that mean I am going to be disappointed? [​IMG] I haven't opened it yet either so I can't tell ya what it looks like.

I read someone elses thread that mentioned pelleted feed vs the crumbles & they said is was less waste. I hope it's not powder.

I guess you will have to check some of the feed mills in your area & see if you can find another brand.

Welcome Rooster Ray! [​IMG] Tis the best place to be....BYC!!!!

5. weloveourchicks

weloveourchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Virginia
    I just bought some pelleted food from Souther States this past weekend; I was really pleased as it was not powered or anything - HOWEVER, my chicks have been getting scratch and layhena up until now and when I gave them the pellets they all turned their backs to it [​IMG]

I'm headed back out tomorrow to get some more scratch and plan to just mix it.

6. Rooster Ray

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    Chickadilly,

The only thing I have been able to find at my local Tractor supply is the Dumor Crumbles no pellets however I would be interested in how your bag from tractor supply looks upon opening it.

7. Rooster Ray

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    -

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

I haven't tried any pellets yet, but if I find some good ones when the time comes, I'll let you know [​IMG]

9. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been using Blue Seal and there has been virtually no waste so far, and the girls devour it. It has a sweet fresh small that I just love.

Phyullis

10. Rooster Ray

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    The Blue Seal looks really good but I can't get it around here. Has anyone used Kent feeds that is about the only one I havent tried yet that I can get at my local TSC? If you have tried Kent feed what are the Pro's and Con's if there are any I was just wondering. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by