In need of help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrystalStevens, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CrystalStevens

CrystalStevens Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    I am trying to hatch 11 eggs. We are starting Day 21 and I hear no chirping. Minor shaking of eggs since lockdown. No pips either. Should I be worried?

2. AllynTal

AllynTal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2014
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    What did they look like when you candled them before 'lockdown'? Depending on factors involved, it's possible they may just be a little late.

3. CrystalStevens

Feb 15, 2017
    There were some that I could actually see moving around in the egg when I was candling. But since then it's been quiet. Temp range is 99.5 to 100 with humidity fluctuating from 55 to 75.

4. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

They rest lots before they actually hatch....Hard work hatching from an egg....just keep waiting.....

Cheers!

5. CrystalStevens

Feb 15, 2017
    When should I be concerned if they done hatch? What day should I open the incubator to remove them?

6. chickens really

They can go 23 days.....Dont panic yet......
    Just keep waiting and watching......

Cheers!

7. chickens really

Also if you put your eggs in the incubator on a Tuesday? Wednesday would be day one...so you might be off by one day so really today is Day 21....Hope that helped you?

1 person likes this.
  8. chickens really

Never give up until you absolutely know all is lost.....Temps can delay eggs......just wait it out and reply back if something gets scary for you....Many great helpers here on BYC that can help you out.....Right now, just sit back and wait....wait some more!!! .....lol

Stressful but worth it once they hatch.....

Fingers crossed and best wishes!!

Cheers!

9. CrystalStevens

Feb 15, 2017
    I think I may be going crazy. Some of these eggs, while still no pips or chirps have started to rotate. I have them on their side in lockdown but they are not side to side rolling but turning had one turn almost 90 degrees already. Is that normal?

10. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    yes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by