In need of prayer

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by hennotrooster, Mar 4, 2013.

1. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    My stepfather is in the hospital his CO2 levels are high was up to 78 but now at 62 I understand it should be at 30, not sure what this all means but will be looking it up here shortly. They were talking about putting him on life support till he was better but he does not want to do this. So please all of you that are prayer warriors out there include Jim in your prayers, he has great trust in the Lord and only asks that His will be done. Thank you all.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    This may or may not be relevant in your stepfather's case, but sleep apnea can cause very high CO2 levels and if not treated can be fatal. I have a close friend that came very close to dying from what turned out to be sleep apnea. Her CO2 when she was admitted to the ICU were off the chart.

3. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Saying prayers and hoping for the best for your family.

4. UrbanChickenSF

UrbanChickenSF Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    So sorry to hear about your stepfather! I'll be sending some positive energy your way :)

5. hennotrooster

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Cassie,

He was actually crushed at work 34 years ago and has been a walking miracle but the last 8 years have been hard on him and has lost he ability to walk or do much for himself on top of everything he develops pneumonia often so his lungs are somewhat compromised. He has been in the hospital an awful lot the last 5 years so I would like to think that the doctors have been good enough to check him for apnea. He is up north and my brother himself has had to look for doctors down here in southern ca to get proper treatment, drs. up there are just not up to snuff, sad to say. My step father has spent a lot of time in a hospital in San Francisco as well. Just a lot things going on with the original injury.
    Thank you for your concern and input will let my brother know to have him checked for this while he is in the hospital.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  6. hennotrooster

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Thank you both so much.

7. hennotrooster

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Thanks to those of you that prayed and sent your positive energy his way he will be going home today. [​IMG]

Cassie I talked to my sister and she said he does have apnea do not remember how many times he stops breathing while asleep so he will be taking home the mask to wear at night. Good call.

Thank you again [​IMG]

8. hennotrooster

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Need the prayers again. He is back in the hospital as of an hour ago my mom could not get him to wake this morning and she said he was gurgling. Please add Jim to your prayers today. Thank you all.

9. MelTilocco

MelTilocco Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    Sending Prayers and Love your way. May GOD surround your entire family with healing LOVE and Many BLESSINGS

10. hennotrooster

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Thank you so much and welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by