In need of some help! Please identify!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Harley's girl, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

OK So my friend and I went to TSC 3 weeks ago and got some black australorps. I got 6 of them and she got 3 of them. One of mine died that night so I am left with 5. Only heres the problem only 3 of them look like australorps. The other two (my friends too) Are very poorly feathered they are all the same age, and the feather patterns are completely different. So I decided that they are NOT black australorps, and if they are not then what are they? Please let me know. I would love to be able to call my friend and let her know what they are. [​IMG] Thanks!
    Chick 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My friends has way more golden lacing to hers.
    Chick 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Australorp
    [​IMG]
    They are clearly different chickens! I told the to TSC and they said "Nope we ordered Black Australorps" Well, I think he is wrong!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    They are gold laced wyandottes. In the second to last pic, it looks like it has a comb that isnt single, and it looks like it has either brown in its feathers or poop/dirt. The bottom pic looks like there is a RIR/BO and a silver spangled hamburg in the background.

3. Harley's girl

They are Appenzellar spitzenhaubens. They are already getting the "V" shaped combs. The black one, it does has a barred look to the feathers which I thought was weird too. There is only one that is solid black! And mind you these are suppose to be Black australorps! The light one is suppose to be a new hampshire red. [​IMG] Thanks for the response! [​IMG]

4. Harley's girl

Well I found a pic of a Barnevelder. Tell me what you think!
    [​IMG]
    I think I may have found out what my little guys are!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are all pics of Barnevelders!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  5. Harley's girl

Anyone else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by