In Nugget's Eye: The Story of my black australorp in her point of veiw

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by littlecreekfarm, Feb 11, 2012.

1. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Chapter 1: New to the World

For more on Nugget, do a search on BYC

I kicked, pushed, and peeped on that 21st day of being in that egg. I didn't like it very much for I don't like being crammed up. Finally, after hours of hard work, I pushed my way through. I was out! I was now a free chick! I peeped and ran around the other eggs, of course after I figured out how exactly to walk. I came across another chick of my breed. And we peeped and played around in that incubator.

After hours, giant hands picked us up one by one, and set us in a box. The box was crowded with lots of chicks. My new friend, Alice, and I played in the box on our long journey.

It took 2 whole days to arrive at our destination, which was Virginia. We came all the way from Cincinnati, Ohio. We were placed one at a time in big tubs with wood chips, water, food and heat. We adjusted and Alice and I took a nap.

Just a day later, a girl came in with 2 kids and her mother, scooped me up, talked to me and cuddled me, she then placed me in a box with Alice and 4 other chicks. I had no clue what was happening but I was hoping I wasn't going for another 2 day trip!

How do ya'll like it?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    This is really great Erin. Cant wait for more.

3. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    :) very good

4. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Chapter 2: Forever Home
    We arrived after a few minutes thankfully, I really didn't want another 2 day trip.
    The big hands of the girl scooped me up and placed me in a box with a heat lamp, feed, and water.
    The other 5 chicks, including my friend Alice, were placed in the box with me.
    I was immediately bossed around by 2 buff orpingtons named, Awesome and Tinker Belle. They were bossy to me and the other chicks. I met 2 chicks named Morgan and Hokie, they were nice, but at times, snappy.

The big hands of the girl picked me up again, she held me, pet me and cuddled me.
    She spoke in soft words to me. I was coming to like this person, she had a sweet voice and her gentle hands petting me.
    She kept calling me Nugget, which I figured out was my name.

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    <3 love it. I want more <3

6. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    more more more [​IMG] (is the teenager you?)

7. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    Great writing!!!! I love it!

8. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    I'll right some more sometime! Today is kinda packed so maybe tomorrow. And yes Lydia, I'm the girl in the story :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by