IN SEARCH OF MODEREN GAME BANTAMS (virginia)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Ocikat, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ocikat

Ocikat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    I really really REALLY want this chicken!!!! I looked it up and instantly fell in love but anyway I don't care if the ones you're offering aren't show quality I JUST WANT SOME TO BE MY FRIENDS I found some eggs online but the color was weird and I don't think they'll hatch and they were expensive (the color was birchen) and I can't find these cuties ANYWHERE ELSE in just really desperate but I would prefer chicks or eggs (egs would be cool because we can hatch them in my biology class) but I'll even like a hen too because like I said I'm desperate (i can't have anymore roos tho sadly) but pleeaaasee let me know if you have some thanks!!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    Where in Virginia? Someone local to me (in Southwest VA) selling "Lemon Blue" Modern Game Bantams...

3. Ocikat

Mar 9, 2016
    I live in the richmond area, do you know which city they're close to?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  4. KrazyKatLady

KrazyKatLady Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    Following

5. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    Closest major town is Blacksburg. They have 4 for sale. 3 hens 1 rooster. 1 year old. Listed on a local to me poultry seal fb page. Can get you contact info if interested. 4 hours from you probably - straight south on 81.

6. chicloven

chicloven Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2016
    I've been looking out here in TX as well. I haven't had any luck.

7. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Murray McMurray hatchery has Old English Game bantams.

8. Ocikat

Mar 9, 2016
    I like them too but I would like a modern game (10/10 great legs) but I did find some eggs online for them but I'm scared they'll all be duds I guess if I can't find any I'll try the old english because I heard they were sweet but I'm not too crazy about them I still like how they look though

9. chicloven

chicloven Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2016
    I contacted bluestar ranch and was told the should have some tomorrow

10. KrazyKatLady

KrazyKatLady Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    My dog woke me up at 3:22 this morning....just in time to see Mr. FOX trying his luck at getting into my duck pen. He wasn't successful, but I will be breaking the news to my desperate child that we will not get any new birds until I can complete my new plans for a more predator-proof design. I know this beast will be back and it probably won't take it long to find a weak spot since the pen was built pretty haphazardly on the fly. (The original post here was my daughter's plea)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by