1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

In search of peafowl eggs to incubate!

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Stoneburnia, May 23, 2019.

1. Stoneburnia

Stoneburnia Chirping

May 21, 2019
    Deriddre La
    I am looking to buy some peafowl eggs to incubate, I have already ordered 6 from a member!
    I am not being picky on color.
    I have a extra room in my home (mud room) that we do not use which is where I plan on hatching and rising the pea chicks until they are old enough to be moved to a brooder. I bought a Harris Farms nurture right 360 incubator that I planned on using. This is going to be my daughter and my summer project! I understand that shipping lowers the odds on hatching. I recently graduated with my Bachelors degree and have nothing to do with my time. I am a member of Peacocks only on Facebook which has an abundance of information on how to hatch peafowl eggs, I have also watched many YouTube video on how to successfully hatch them.
    I currently have a Silver pied male and a white female. My female is one and is not laying, fingers crossed for next year!
    I am located in Louisiana.

2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    TJChickens likes this.
  3. TJChickens

TJChickens Songster

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    I will have some more eggs available in a few days. A mix of colors.

aprilsgrace08 and Stoneburnia like this.
  4. Stoneburnia

Stoneburnia Chirping

May 21, 2019
    Deriddre La
    How much do you ask per egg?

5. TJChickens

TJChickens Songster

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Locally, I get $15 per egg, but I realize how much more difficult they are when shipped, so I would ask $10 each.

Hayden Farms and Stoneburnia like this.
  6. snowshoe

snowshoe Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    Central PA
    I will have peafowl eggs available also if you are looking for more

aprilsgrace08 likes this.
  7. Stoneburnia

Stoneburnia Chirping

May 21, 2019
    Deriddre La
    Price?

8. Stoneburnia

Stoneburnia Chirping

May 21, 2019
    Deriddre La
    I would be interested in 3 eggs if you could ship this week. I ordered eggs that will ship Monday already.

9. Stoneburnia

Stoneburnia Chirping

May 21, 2019
    Deriddre La
    I have set my incubator up yesterday morning and it has maintained its temperature and humidity!

Attached Files:

10. snowshoe

snowshoe Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    Central PA
    I sell my pea eggs for $10.00 each plus shipping

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: