1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In search of slikie hens in spartanburg/Lyman sc area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Anna4701, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Anna4701

Anna4701 New Egg

Mar 2, 2017
    I have a buff silkie rooster who needs a female silkie hen as a mate. He has 3 lady friends right Now. None of them are silkie and I prefer to keep them separate for egg layers. I just wanted to see if anyone knew where to get any. Thanks in advance

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

There's a buy-sell-trade forum here you might check...things change on their frequently, so if you don't see what you want right away, keep checking.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

While you're online, you might want to drop in on your state thread. Sometimes it's helpful to chat with other members that are in your general area. You can find a link to the state threads at the bottom of my post.

Good luck to you!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could check out the "Silkie thread," put that in the search box and it will pop up.. You can also put your state name in the search box and your state thread will pop up. You may find BYCERS living near you.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Anna4701 [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best with your search.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Anna, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Hope you find the birds you seek! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by