In shock. I can't believe this is real. Missing Loved one found dead

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
Yesterday morning a friend called and asked me if I had talked to his son since the day before. I told him no. I had not seen him in several days. This is my son's best friend in the whole world and he is just like my own child. He stayed here as much as he stayed at home.
A bit later, my son calls and asks me to go look for Chad at a local hunting property down the road from us. No one had heard from him since wednesday afternoon!
I grab my gun and head out. I get there and at first I see nothing so I started walking. I call out but there is no answer. Then I see his car but no sign of Chad.
I then notice that the woods are ablaze about 100 yards or so to the left of the road bed. I get a very uncomfortable feeling and start calling out again and walking toward the flames.
I call his father and tell him I found the car but not Chad. He tells me to wait and not go into the burn area for fear I might get trapped. So I wait.
We both head into the area together but split when we feel it is safe. Each one yelling for Chad. About 2 minutes later I hear Roger stop calling to Cad and start calling to God. Then screaming.
He is dead, on his back, and the body is burned.
We don't know what has happend yet. Maybe we will have answers soon. I am just devistated and my son is lost. I just don't understand!

EDITED to add: Post #52 shows details of arrangements and update.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

There's nothing I can say to make it hurt less, but I will be praying for you all.

In a case like this, there are no words. I cannot imagine the agony both you, your child and Chad's father and family are experiencing. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

You have had such a rough year. How terrible. I am so sorry for the family and for yours. ...just a terrible tragedy and sounds a bit like fowl play to me.

You are one tough cookie and I know you will be a great comfort to the family if they need you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom