In the home stretch day 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Clay In Iowa, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    and I'm about to lay an egg... OMG.. I need oxygen....

This is my first hatch and I'm just scared something will go awry in the last few days. Everything seemed OK on Saturday. Everyone was moving and the air cells looked about right.

2. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    I'm in the same boat!![​IMG] I'm (my eggs) he-he are due to hatch on the 31st so Wednesday is day 18 for me. I started out with 12 mutt eggs, of which 3 were not fertile and 2 had blood rings and stopped early. I cracked them open and found just a huge eyeball in one and some blood in the other! Yuck!![​IMG] These are from a neighbor who had them in her fridge. I am calling these my "Learner's Curve Incubator Eggs". I'll be following your post to see how it goes for you! Good chickie vibes your way![​IMG]

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Good luck Clay! I'm on day 20 and have taken to staring at the incubator. I'm really excited to see how your hatch turns out! These are the BC Marans and ameraucanas - correct?

Steph

4. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Hey, I'm on day 18 too. This waiting is driving me crazy. I can't wait to see my itty bitty bitties. [​IMG]

5. shabbyfarm

shabbyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    South central Iowa
    I am on day 18 also Clay, and i also live in Iowa !! I started off with 32 eggs, but eliminated 6 after candleing. Put 26 in the hatcher this morning, Silkies and Frizzles and ??

6. Hi! Good Luck!

[​IMG]
    Lisa

7. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Oh Lord, I'll hyperventilate with you. I am looking at my calendar wondering if I should put in for leave on hatch day so I'm not squirming at my desk.

What would I put on the leave form, I wonder? "Hatching eggs?"

[​IMG]

Good luck! Sending good hatching vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:where at in Iowa? I'm in the DSM area [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i am also on day 18-19 here!...i hope my 2 little chickie eggs make it! [​IMG] good luck on everyones hatches! [​IMG]:fl [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Quote:where at in Iowa? I'm in the DSM area [​IMG]

I was wondering the same thing. We gotta do a better job of rounding up all the Iowa Peeps.

And Yes these are the BCMs and a few Amaraucanas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by