11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
frow.gif
Hey guys! Just dropping in!
smile.png
Been really busy...I went a little nuts this spring with hatching eggs.
hide.gif

In the mini cabinet bator I have:

4 GL Cochins (1 shipment, only 1/3 of the eggs I paid for made and no response from seller)
rant.gif

9 RIR RC (2 different shipments)
24+ Bantam faverolles (3 different shipments)
12 Black Australorps (my MIL's birds)
3 bantam Houdans
9 Blue Wheaten Ameracuanas
2 bantam BLRW (others did not survive the trip & 0 response from seller)
7 LF BLRW
4 Black Sumatras (my own line)
7 Crevecoeur (new line)

In Hovabator #1

4 Giant Dewlap African goose eggs (candled Thursday night and all four are developing!)
wee.gif

4 American Buff Goose eggs (candled last night but they have only been cookin' for 3 days)
18 black Muscovy eggs (aka "wild" Muscovies)

Hovabator #2

6 white call duck eggs
24 lavender, silver, blue, chocolate, blue fawn muscovies

Coming within the next few weeks I have:
RIR SC & RC
Blue Wheaten Ameracuanas
BLRW bantams (just won off eBay this morning)

In the brooder:

1 GLW bantam chick
2 Salmon Fav chicks from cloverleaf (both appear to be roos!)
tongue.gif
But one looks to be a really nice one!
big_smile.png
Excellent toe spacing, full muff/beard! I'm excited about him.
2 Blue Wheaten Ameracuanas from pips&peeps not sure on the sexes but I'm guessing a pair...

th.gif

That said--I'm hoping to have quite a few chicks available this fall, if anyone is interested in some of the above?

Oh I feel so much better now. Almost normal
big_smile.png

It looks like you are going to have your hands full with all of the hatching.

We have been bit by a similar bug, and have brooders everywhere right at the moment. I need to stop setting eggs, however I am sure I will load the rack again tonight.

Imports are limited to, Sebastopols, Pilgrims, Muscovy, Narragansetts, Ringneck Pheasants.

We have been wanting to concentrate on our white Araucanas, and I think we have about 50 in brooders, with at least that many more in the pipe line. We are also trying to build numbers in White and Buff Silkies, so all of those get to rider in the bator as well.

Fertility has been good for the most part, and hatching success has been good with the exception of the goose efforts, success in that species is only around 30%.

Good luck with everything.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Which breeds of goose are you having issues with? I have heard the Pilgrims are sometimes an issue....??? My Sebbies have been doing well this year, but I think they are done laying.
sad.png
If you end up with an extra female sebbie, let me know...maybe we could work out a trade or something?
wink.png
Or if you need any more Muscovies!
lol.png

I have had problems hatching pilgrims and buffs. We are at about 65% on the sebbies, with a couple of more chances.

At this point I think we are mostly females. After I see what quality I have to work with later in the year I might be interested in talking.

Back
Top Bottom