In the land of Ireland there were some chickens ! PICS PICS PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by IrishBoy, Sep 4, 2009.

1. IrishBoy

IrishBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Well i'm from Ireland ... with the green green grass and lots of rain .. LOTS
    and i am 19 , my family have always had chickens, duks, or somehting running about and i since i found this website i have had the urge to get back into it , so now i have two turkey poults , and two chicks just hatched and waitign for more to hatch today, so let me introduce you to my chicken family!

Meet Mr.Big, always keeping an eyeon his girls!
    [​IMG]

meet Spotty and Elvis two of our oldest hens! ...

[​IMG]

Meet the gangster crew, these hens are my cousins , but come visit every day!

[​IMG]

Meet Shadow ... this was the best pic i cud get of her .. since she hates me lol

[​IMG]

Meet the newest additions Smokey and Popcorn

[​IMG]

can't forget about redhead

[​IMG]

oh and fluffy (someone dumped her at out house in a bag) and Kat

[​IMG]

and here is my fav Pigeon.. mum seriously thought we had bought a pigeon at the market when i came home with her... don't know waht breed she is but i love her !

[​IMG]

my two turkey poults i hatched! Petranella and Poop

[​IMG]

can't forget bumpy head

[​IMG]

so guys thats my lot ... just wanted to share with you , any ideas what kind of breeds i have , i know a lot of them are mixed i think ...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Mr. Big is like my first cockerel, Stanley. My grandmother, who is from Ireland also says it rains alot!! Lovely birds!

3. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Your birds are beautiful! I love Mr. Big. [​IMG] I'm terrible at guessing breeds, so I can't help you there. Thanks for sharing your pics.

ETA: I love how green Ireland is. Would love to visit again. I do wish it rained a bit less, or I'd think of moving there.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  4. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    Rain Rain Rain Lol

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just beautiful! Love those pics, and thanks for sharing! Your girl Spotty, looks like a Barred Rock to me. Now the others, I'm not sure about. I bet someone on the forum will know though. [​IMG] It sure is beautiful where you live, like you say, very, very, green! [​IMG]

6. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    Barred rock .. cool ! thanks

b.hromada :

Just beautiful! Love those pics, and thanks for sharing! Your girl Spotty, looks like a Barred Rock to me. Now the others, I'm not sure about. I bet someone on the forum will know though. [​IMG] It sure is beautiful where you live, like you say, very, very, green! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:
    You're welcome. I've got 2 myself, and I just love them!

8. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    anyone else any idea about breeds?

9. MomOf15

MomOf15 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Mercer Co. PA
    The black and white hen is definitely Barred Rock...I have to and they are the loveliest fo my girls...very friendly and affectionate. It looks to me as though you (your cousin) have a few Rhode Island Reds there as well. You have a nice selction of birds. [​IMG]

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    cute chickens![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by