In the mood to build

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DRAGGINZUZU, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    Ok after what I called a success hatch in my homade cooler bator, Im ready to move on to my mini fridge project. I need some suggestions on how to do it. Ive looked at all the bators in the contest and thats where I got the idea from. I already bought a glass front mini fridge. And Im thinking I want to make a Sportsman clone. I dont want to use a bulb unless you guys think its the best heat source. Thats what i used in my bator now. I was thinking of using a wafer thermo and the wire heating element. Or do you guys suggest a different way. I really dont want to use the electronic thermo unless it is going to really help. Is there any page that shows detail construction. Its going to mainly be for quail if that matters. I want to be able to set a shelf a week or 5 days and move the last shelf to the bottom hatcher. It seems thats how the sportsman is settup. Thanks for being so helpful in advance.
    Tony

2. DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    Well I ordered a complete wafer/switch and heating element with wires/insulators. I guess this is what Im going to start with and see how it goes. Im going to start on the construction of the trays and turners hopefully tomarrow, Has anyone used pvc boards or the trex type stuff? I was wanting to stay away from the wood but if theres no advantage to using the other stuff then no need to spend the extra money.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by