In the wow category!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SueNH, Apr 24, 2008.

1. SueNH

SueNH Songster

Feb 24, 2007
  2. Yeah, I was watching that one--ready to pounce...until I looked at it during lunch!

For SIX EGGS, $200? [​IMG]

Hmmm...

hope they hatch, LOL But it does look like a cool bird....

3. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    That is simply outrageous. The birds may be big but what kind of type do they have? There is a local breeder here that wins nearly every show he enters, many times best in show, and his birds are massive as well. I have been waiting to get some of his stock since last winter and hope to get a couple birds this fall. The price is not nearly as much as 6 shipped eggs which may very well equate to no chicks at all. It amazes me what some people will pay.

Richard

4. SueNH

SueNH Songster

Feb 24, 2007
    I had it on my watch list simply because I'd like some big fluffy cochins. I do say Congratulations to who ever owns those birds!
    I do have to pass on this one.

Wow!

5. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Songster

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    OMG that has to be the biggest chicken i have ever seen in my life

6. Dana

Dana In the Brooder

Dec 10, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think the picture's a fake, just look at the kids arm.[​IMG]

7. championny

championny Songster

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    It looks like a puppet to me too. I don't think I'd buy that. That sounds like a mutant or just some hoax. I could be wrong, but there is something not right about that. Plus, the chicken looks dead.

8. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    I have seen cochins that big, and with excellent type, so it is not a hoax. They really stop you in your tracks and simply command your attention. When they are from a good line they are spectacular. When they are from a poor one they look gangly and awkward. That is the main reason I think the price is ridiculous. You cannot tell anything about the quality of the birds, only that they are big.

Richard

9. starshrike

starshrike Songster

Apr 10, 2008
    The bid history indicates to me that it might be a fake auction.. but if that's a real bird (which would be harder to fake...) THAT IS HUGE.

10. SueNH

SueNH Songster

Feb 24, 2007
    I'd love to see a picture of that roo just standing.

I'm just looking for pet cochins. I'll wait, I have some coming from Ideal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: