In this Breeding thread, we post our Breeding Wishes

Pics

Shabby Chic-Hens

My mind is like a Diamond; hard and sparkly
Premium Feather Member
Sep 6, 2022
Maine, United States, North America, Earth.
Here we post poultry breeds that we wish someone would create. It will be nice for everyone, because then we can create that chicken breed. Please post all of your chicken breed wishes here! say what kind of comb, what color/s the feathers, how cold or heat hardy,if it's a bantam or a large breed or in between, what color eggs it lays, how many eggs it lays, etc. I'm patatiently waiting! bring it on :pop !

I'm very much into Silkies and breed the ones I have for fun and sell the chicks. As far as colors, there really hasn't been any development on a deep red colored Silkie which would be gorgeous! There are so many colors I wish were and could be developed such as calico but I know that is really hard to obtain and steadily breed in or retain those colors. Satin Silkies are beautiful as well and I feel like they come in more variations that the regular type of silkies. I'll just list a few more colors because there are so many! Ok, silver partridge, lavender, porcelain, and I think a few others I haven't thought of yet that I probably will post later.🙂

Here we post poultry breeds that we wish someone would create. It will be nice for everyone, because then we can create that chicken breed. Please post all of your chicken breed wishes here! say what kind of comb, what color/s the feathers, how cold or heat hardy,if it's a bantam or a large breed or in between, what color eggs it lays, how many eggs it lays, etc. I'm patatiently waiting! bring it on :pop !
I do have a few different breeding projects, of which 1 out of 6 the projects I'm working on currently.

I'm hoping to begin a second project next spring, one I originally I had planned this year.

Started - Paused: Giant Silkie Project

Starting this spring: Rainbow Runners

Not Started: Emerald Dragon

Starting this Spring: Black To White Experiment

Mini Projects - Starting anytime in between: Rainbow Laying Silkies - Silver Shadows

Discontinued - Wheaten Crele Orpingtons project

All of the project birds will be hardy in all climates, but not heavy layers.

I do have a few different breeding projects, of which 1 out of 6 the projects I'm working on currently.

I'm hoping to begin a second project next spring, one I originally I had planned this year.

Started - Paused: Giant Silkie Project

Starting this spring: Rainbow Runners

Not Started: Emerald Dragon

Starting this Spring: Black To White Experiment

Mini Projects - Starting anytime in between: Rainbow Laying Silkies - Silver Shadows

Discontinued - Wheaten Crele Orpingtons project

All of the project birds will be hardy in all climates, but not heavy layers.
Those sound awesome!!!

Silkied Cochin bantams of all different varieties.
awe shiny wistful sigh.gif
Oooh, and large fowl, too!

I think a lot more breeds would look spectacular in silkied feathering, too. Silkied Faverolles. Silkied Brahmas. Silkied Orpingtons. Silkied d'Uccles. Silkied Wyandottes. Silkied Plymouth Rocks. Let's just make everything silkied. 🤭

I'm very much into Silkies and breed the ones I have for fun and sell the chicks. As far as colors, there really hasn't been any development on a deep red colored Silkie which would be gorgeous! There are so many colors I wish were and could be developed such as calico but I know that is really hard to obtain and steadily breed in or retain those colors. Satin Silkies are beautiful as well and I feel like they come in more variations that the regular type of silkies. I'll just list a few more colors because there are so many! Ok, silver partridge, lavender, porcelain, and I think a few others I haven't thought of yet that I probably will post later.🙂
ooh. I want a red colored silkie now! I bet I could make a silkie feathered chicken that would lay more eggs too on the bargain! ooh. I need to make a new post on this thread. I just had a good idea! 💡

my idea for a good breed: silkie + different popular sex link breeds and RIR.
  • Is this chicken cold/heat hardy? moderately
  • How many and what color eggs does this breed lay? 200ish per year, brown.
  • How big is it? about 6 lbs
  • What color is this chicken? The crosses are barred rock, Rhode Island red, red star, and Isa Brown.
and I have silkies, and I will find some RIR, BR, and other listed breed hens that I can borrow, and I will create that breed!

Back
Top Bottom