In your opinion, what is the best brand of incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ninjascrub69, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I think i'm going to buy an incubator so that i can get birds basically any time of the year, and have more of a range of breeds to choose from, and i want to have the highest hatch rate possable.

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Sportsman digital 1500 series cant go wrong [​IMG]

3. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

A LOT is going to depend on what you are able to spend.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    This is my assessment after doing some research over the last month or so.

I ended up feeling like the Brinsea Eco 20 (with the auto turner) was the best deal for my needs and my budget. For just under $200, I was able to get the best bang-for-my-buck as for reliablity in temps/humidity. If I could have afforded more, I would have purchased a higher end of this same brand.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  4. donjr721

donjr721 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2010
    i think that the best incubator is one that you build yourself. you can build it as elaborate or simple as you want. i just built one a few weeks ago, i used some plywood, couple light bulbs, computer power supply fan, a pan and sponge for humidity, my temp is regulated by a reptile thermostat in line with a water heater thermostat. it is big enough to hatch 4 - 5 dozen eggs. i put eggs in last friday, all looks well so far. i have around 45 dollars invested total. (reptile stat was the most expensive at $20). i was going to buy an incubator, then saw all of the cool home builts on here and decided to make one. good luck with whatever you choose.

5. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Pensacola
    I think the best new one is the one I built last weekend.. I hooked it up to an older C-PAP machine to create airflow and control humidity... LOL I will have to tell you how the hatch rate is after I'm done..

Christal

6. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    I bought a smaller Brinsea, and had a 100% hatch rate with my first ever hatch. Very easy to use, wasn't too expensive, and easy to clean. I have my second batch of eggs in it right now, so we will see how we do the second time around! [​IMG]

7. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    in my opinion brinsea is the best brand.

8. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Brinsea.

9. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I admire those who can build things...I'm always so impressed!

But I'm not good with building things - not at all. My Lego and Lincoln Log creations never looked like the pictures on the packaging! *sigh*

My Brinsea will be here tomorrow- I'm trying DESPERATELY to get some hatching eggs....I just don't want to spend a fortune as I have NO experience hatching anything.

10. knjinnm

knjinnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Sandia Park, NM
    Quote:OK, I ask what's a C-PAP machine?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by