1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incoming: New member from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nyxsie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Nyxsie

Nyxsie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2016
    Florida
    Hello! Nyx here. In my research I was lead to this forum many times so I've decided to join. Seems like there is some really good information here and it's nice to find a community where I can blabber about my animals freely.

I'm starting small with a pair of Welsh Harlequin ducklings. A confident little female, and a shy male. Planning to keep a few females and then looking forward to eggs. They are my first ducklings/ducks. In fact they are my first birds, although I was raised around a variety of birds. Admittedly I was feeling a bit overwhelmed when I first brought them home but I'm quickly learning their language and how to keep them clean and happy. I feel lucky that the breeder had a dog so they warmed up to Aspen pretty quickly.

I also have a puppy American Bulldog. Been working hard to train her with the livestock. She's good now off leash with the chickens and the ducklings which makes me feel proud of her due to the short time I've had her. She's a sweetie. A few hiccups but overall she's done great.

15 hens on the property but they are not mine. Considering some Rhodesian Reds but not completely sure yet. When I have more land I'll be getting more livestock. Goats or sheep, potbelly pigs. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, Nyx :) Welcome to BYC.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute ducklings, thanks for sharing the pictures!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Nyxsie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Great pics of ducks and dog! Enjoy your poultry and thank you for joining BYC! [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you could join us, and I hope you make yourself at home here!

10. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I love your ducks and your dog! [​IMG]Have a wonderful time on BYC and best wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by