Incredible hygrometer!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by debilorrah, Jan 7, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have never ever in my life found a hygrometer that calibrated to 75%. This one is no different, however it DID calibrate to 76%. [​IMG] That is the CLOSEST I have ever come to 75%!!! At Petco in the reptile department, a two piece set, thermometer and hygrometer, $11.99. Best money I ever spent!

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:Good to know.. Off to petco I go. Not now though! Maybe tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Yup I have one of those. Need to test it before my next hatch

4. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    thanks for the tip - one of the last few things i need for the bator build!! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Frankly I was very surprised. I will definitely buy them again.

6. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok, please tell me.... How do you calibrate a hygrometer?

7. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:me too... i guess i'm busting a trip to petco tomorrow... i hate going there...

8. debilorrah

Quote:1/2 cup of salt and 1/4 of water in a mug. Put the mug and hygrometer in a large baggie next to each other, seal it up and wait 12 hours. It SHOULD read 75%, but never does. Mine read 76%, so when I see 40%, it is really 39%.

9. debilorrah

Quote:me too... i guess i'm busting a trip to petco tomorrow... i hate going there...

Me too unless I take the dog. I love how he gets treats all over and can pee on the floor and they don't care.

10. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca

Me too unless I take the dog. I love how he gets treats all over and can pee on the floor and they don't care.

HHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHALKSFJKALSfjhlk;asjdf;kljfk;sadjfl;ksfadjk...

love the attitude... but still... i'm an aquatics guy, and petco is horrible... i guess i can use some waxworms for the geckos... but is this one of those little dial ones...? i kind of wanted digital...

but still... if they're that accurate, that's tight...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by