1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Incredible hygrometer!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by debilorrah, Jan 7, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have never ever in my life found a hygrometer that calibrated to 75%. This one is no different, however it DID calibrate to 76%. [​IMG] That is the CLOSEST I have ever come to 75%!!! At Petco in the reptile department, a two piece set, thermometer and hygrometer, $11.99. Best money I ever spent!

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Songster

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:Good to know.. Off to petco I go. Not now though! Maybe tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Yup I have one of those. Need to test it before my next hatch

4. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Songster

Nov 10, 2010
    thanks for the tip - one of the last few things i need for the bator build!! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Frankly I was very surprised. I will definitely buy them again.

6. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Songster

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok, please tell me.... How do you calibrate a hygrometer?

7. gumbii

gumbii Songster

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:me too... i guess i'm busting a trip to petco tomorrow... i hate going there...

8. debilorrah

Quote:1/2 cup of salt and 1/4 of water in a mug. Put the mug and hygrometer in a large baggie next to each other, seal it up and wait 12 hours. It SHOULD read 75%, but never does. Mine read 76%, so when I see 40%, it is really 39%.

9. debilorrah

Quote:me too... i guess i'm busting a trip to petco tomorrow... i hate going there...

Me too unless I take the dog. I love how he gets treats all over and can pee on the floor and they don't care.

10. gumbii

gumbii Songster

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca

Me too unless I take the dog. I love how he gets treats all over and can pee on the floor and they don't care.

HHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHALKSFJKALSfjhlk;asjdf;kljfk;sadjfl;ksfadjk...

love the attitude... but still... i'm an aquatics guy, and petco is horrible... i guess i can use some waxworms for the geckos... but is this one of those little dial ones...? i kind of wanted digital...

but still... if they're that accurate, that's tight...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: