chickitychickity

Chirping
Jan 11, 2018
Northern CA
It’s my first time incubating Bantam eggs. I have hatched standard breeds and duck eggs before. All my Bantams are developing at the same rate except for one. It has less yolk left and it seems like it could be two days ahead of the others and the others seem to be a day ahead of the standards I’ve hatched before. What’s odd, is that it’s air cell is smaller. Maybe it just won’t hatch? I’ve also heard that Bantams can hatch earlier. I was planning lockdown for day 18, but should I go with day 17? I am on day 14 and just candled. I also candled on day 7 and everything seemed the fine. All of the fertilized eggs are still alive and well. No explosions or rotten eggs. The incubator ranges from 99.4 to 99.8. My humidity ranges from 40-45%. Should I lower/raise the temps at all? They are all EE bantams from an EE hen and rooster from a hatchery. Any advice would be great! I could just be worried for no reason!

40090860-F143-44D0-93EA-187EE63B28D5.jpeg
First pip late on day 18! It is now early day 19 and the little guy has cracked a little more! This is the same egg that I said seemed to be developing ahead of the others!

5 of my chicks were hatched by the middle of day 19! The other 2 early on day 20! I am impressed with the 100% hatch rate, since it’s my first time with bantams. They are fully dry but have that sticky look, so I assume my humidity was a little high. Here they are in the baby brooder. The later 2 are still in the bator fluffing up.
CBFADB73-E438-4593-898F-948F928E9A9C.jpeg

Congrats I have never hatched in an incubator or this time of year but when hatching under a broody hen its usually pretty humid here in Missouri when they hatch so not sure on humidity.

5 of my chicks were hatched by the middle of day 19! The other 2 early on day 20! I am impressed with the 100% hatch rate, since it’s my first time with bantams. They are fully dry but have that sticky look, so I assume my humidity was a little high. Here they are in the baby brooder. The later 2 are still in the bator fluffing up.
View attachment 1988621
They are sooooooooooooooo cute! Love it! :)

Back
Top Bottom