incubater 108degree

This is an important day because they are growing their legs, wings and insides they may be deformed.
How long was it at 108?

Don't toss them! If it wasn't at 108 for very long they may be ok. It's too early to tell whether they will be ok or not, at least give them a few days to see if they're still growing.

my honest opinion is dont hold out too much hope, repeated high temps for any lengh of time early on isnt going to do alot of good, and temps reaching a peak of 108!! but as said before dont toss them yet candle them and then sandle them in say 3-4 days time and make a decision then

As a new incubator mother, lol, I have had more errors than trials...but to make you feel better, I had a very similar situation happen in my last hatch. I realized the incubator was between 105-108 for a period of an hour or so, and thought the hatch would be shot. I was wrong, in a way, because out of 11 eggs, only three made it, but I am glad I didn't dispose of them all or I wouldn't have my 3 successes! Just try to observe it more closely and do what everyone else said about candling in a day or two to see if any are still alive. Don't feel bad...I tried to move my incubator on day 6 with 18 eggs IN IT (yes I am an idiot) and DROPPED IT!! (This is the current batch wherein I am still waiting on results, we're on day 19 today!) 6 eggs were immediately broken and so now I am just praying the remainder made it through the "earthquake"... These things happen...good luck!

If you can easily start over, I would. But they may still be ok depending on how long your temp was high. Like everyone else said, it may just be better to wait a couple of days, then look for movement.

Back
Top Bottom