Incubater stoped for 8-14 hours on day 4-5 will eggs be ok?

Babyquail

Chirping
Aug 17, 2021
Kentucky
The eggs are duck eggs, and they have an auto turner that stoped in the night (got stuck I think? The lid was too close to the sides maybe, Ill have to watch that) otherwise I would have noticed it. The only reason I did notice it was because the humidity was 50% when it was suposed to be near 60% and I coulodent get it to go up, and I heard the motor for the incubater, but eggs didnt move. tried the manual turn, didnt move. I got the humidity stable and the eggs should be able to turn now, but between the humidity and the not turning for so long, will the eggs be ok? Ive never hatched ducks before, sorry. Also if it gets stuck again for the same amount of time, will they be ok then? it could be less time because if I am at my desk I would see.

You will be fine- hens get off the eggs many times in the beginning of a hatch. and eggs can be with out heat for 12hrs, and be okay, so an extra 2 should be fine.

Curiosity's got me ... How did it all go? Fingers crossed!
Incubator stopping was fine, but unfortunately all the eggs died except for one, fingers crossed he hatches this Saturday! ( one egg was scrambled, one died day 11, one day 14 and one was a chicken and didn’t hatch)

Incubator stopping was fine, but unfortunately all the eggs died except for one, fingers crossed he hatches this Saturday! ( one egg was scrambled, one died day 11, one day 14 and one was a chicken and didn’t hatch)
Fingers still crossed! And the quitters are likely not related to the turner stopping at all. Unfortunately, "Them's just the breaks," sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom