1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INCUBATING and HATCHING EGGS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jaybob54, Jun 24, 2011.

1. jaybob54

jaybob54 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    Ok so have a big barn like a 20x50 and my chickens roost and lay eggs. so up at the top of the barn In the rafters I have 3 bantam chickens that are setting on eggs.
    I am planning on buying a incubator that only holds about 3 eggs that is only about $17.40. If one of my two roosters fertilizes the eggs will they survive in the incubator and hatch out.??
    Does the humidity have to be right for them 2 hatch out.??

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Home to: 2 cats, a yellow lab puppy, and a boston terrier, 2 horses and LOT"$ OF CHICKEN$.

2. jaybob54

Mar 27, 2010
    Please TAAALLLKKK!! I will not know what 2 do when the time comes

3. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Ok are you talking about the chick-bator? Yellow, domed, no thermostat.?

4. jaybob54

Mar 27, 2010
    YeSSSS!!! thank you

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Yeh it is a cheap lil plastic toy meant for children and classroom experiments.. If you are seriously wanting to try incubating, spenda 20 the extra 20 bucks and make a coleman cooler incubator like I have [​IMG]

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    or a little giant for 40 bucks. i have 2 one with an egg turner and a fan costum built cost me nothing but an old computer fan and a phone charger it works perfect. the other is my hatcher there is a fan in it but i dont use it when the eggs are hatching. either way my incubator methods work better than your basic still air or basic home made incubator IMHO.. [​IMG] 40$ will pay for itself easy. [​IMG]

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:x2

8. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    I also would say Little giant for $40 and egg turner for extra $40

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by