Incubating and Hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vrj, May 23, 2019.

1. vrj

vrj In the Brooder

May 23, 2019
    Hello My name is Vero,

I am new to incubating and hatching chicken eggs, I currently have three eggs that are in incubator, and I first put them in on roughly May 10th or May 11 of this month. I check the eggs nearly almost every day. today is supposed to be the 14th day, and I noticed that one of eggs even though I checked it yesterday there was movement. I checked again this morning and I dont know if she is sleeping or if she died.

Please help

Vero

Attached Files:

2. featheredplanets

featheredplanets Songster

Nov 28, 2017
    It’s dead. Unfortunate but I hope the rest of your eggs hatch!

3. Robert G

Robert G Songster

Jan 23, 2018
    South Texas
    Wow, I try not to mess with them that much. I candle them at 7 days to check progress and then again a week later. Unless you have to manually turn them. Either way, it's hard to tell if it died from one day to the next. If it did, in a few days you will know for sure. This is my experience from the last 2 years of hatching. Maybe someone else will provide more information for you.

mdees88 and vrj like this.
  4. vrj

vrj In the Brooder

May 23, 2019
    thank you

5. vrj

vrj In the Brooder

May 23, 2019
    Hello,
    I have two eggs in my incubator right now, and one of eggs are twins and the other just one baby as far as I know. I put my eggs on May 10th of this month which I counted 21 to 22 days. I think they may hatch on May 31st or June 1st if I am correct. which I am really excited about and this my first time doing this. I just wanted to know when do I unplug the incubator or when do they start pipping?

Another question is : how far are my babies ?

Attached Files:

6. mdees88

mdees88 Songster

Mar 15, 2018
    Lower Alabama
    My Coop
    How did the hatch go?

7. vrj

vrj In the Brooder

May 23, 2019
    Hello, only one hatched when i was gone and when i came back home from work it was dead. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: