1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubating bantam eggs Vs Standard eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JordanFamily, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Alright so this past week I finished my test run on some cheap standard eggs in my new incubator. Went great, hatched 21 out of 24 eggs. Well now I am wanting to go with bantam eggs and was just wondering if there is something different I should do since they are smaller? Do they require more or less humidity? temp? etc... I'm using a still air foam incubator. Also I want to move my incubator from inside my house to the garage. The temps in there range from 40 at night-75 at day . Do you think this is a bad idea or will the bator work with temps fluctuating like this.
    Thanks, Kristina

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I had banty and standard eggs in the same incubator and i think there are no differences. I dont think however that putting the bator in the garage is a great idea. 40F is way too low for a bator. They get less effective under 60-65F .

3. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    I've had both in bator at same time... I've seen no differences...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by