Incubating bantam eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Coopsmom, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Coopsmom

Coopsmom Chirping

Apr 17, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    0B93BB58-5B90-468C-908C-A15DB047E206.jpeg Hi everyone!

I have a trio of Belgian d’uccle mille fleur birds and I’d like to test their fertility. Should I use the same parameters for temperature and humidity to incubate the eggs, or are there adjustments needed for these adorable eggs?

Thanks in advance!!

BirdsBeesTrees and Rose Quartz like this.
  2. Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz Enabler

Mar 18, 2018
    East Hants N.S. Canada
    I found my bantam eggs, (Nothing as nice as your birds) were really sensitive to the humidity.

I lost all my bantam eggs because I had my incu set up in the basement. They died after lockdown. I had normal sized eggs in the same incu at the time that hatched.

I guess I would suggest running your incu as you normally do, but keep a close watch on the aircells and make sure they're growing as they should be.

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  3. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Crowing

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    Same as rose quartz said plus make sure you have the right turner for your bantam eggs that the get turned properly when they are supposed to...

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  4. Coopsmom

Coopsmom Chirping

Apr 17, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Oh dear - they make a separate turner for bantam eggs? I’ll have to look for that before I get started

5. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Crowing

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    I was probably thinking of quail my fault, just make sure they are getting turned properly as the eggs are smaller...

6. Coopsmom

Coopsmom Chirping

Apr 17, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    No you’re probably right. These eggs are pretty tiny! I’ll see if the feed store has a turner today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: