incubating chickens with game birds???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dustponds10, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dustponds10

dustponds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Rigby, Id
    Is this possible? I know that it isnt advised but right now I only have one incubator and it is very large and I wont by any means be able to fill all the racks with just chickens. I am wanting to maybe hatch some hungarian partridge and some pheasants along with chickens. Is it possible? My incubator is a Dickie that has auto turners and it is a cabinet. What are the pros and cons of trying this? Thanks

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

It will work fine. If you happen to have them hatching at the exact same time just put the eggs in shoe boxes to hatch so they cant get to each other. Don't think it would matter but anyway....

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes it will work, i have hatch chicken,quail,pheasant,and peafowl all at the same time, just in the hatching tray . cut cardboard to seperate , the eggs, make sure to cut same hight as the tray is.

4. dustponds10

dustponds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Rigby, Id
    That was the answer tha tI was looking for being I really dont want to buy a seperate incubator to hatch game birds. Thanks all, when I get some game bird eggs Ill let you all know. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by