Incubating duck and chicken eggs together??

Jenifer72

Songster
9 Years
Mar 19, 2010
Iowa
Can I incubate duck and chicken eggs together? It seems like I remember that duck eggs need more humidity but I cant remember for sure....any help?

Quote:
So the ducks take 28 days? Lockdown and all is the same as the chickens? 3 days before expected hatch.....18 days chickens and the 25th day for the ducks...correct?

Ducks need more humidity and higher temps. They also need to be hand turned and need to be misted. If you look on the duck message board, you can learn more. I wouldn't recommend incubating together.

I've hatched ducks chickens geese and quail in the same incubator without misting it can be done, but there are probably better ways. I also leave all the incubators at 99.5 degrees because I don't like messing with them and it seems everything can hatch at that temp.

I have a couple duck eggs in with my chickens and they are developing nicely.
idunno.gif

Quote:
What humidity? I'm guessing 50% would be ok for both with 70% at lockdown?

Last edited:
Quote:
So the ducks take 28 days? Lockdown and all is the same as the chickens? 3 days before expected hatch.....18 days chickens and the 25th day for the ducks...correct?

Yes,I set my duck eggs in my turner same as my chicken eggs,I just set them a week earlier and I do everything the same as I do with a chicken hatch...no misting and my worst duck hatch was 8 out of 10 which I thought was very good.Right now I have 5 duck eggs in with my chicken eggs and all are developing.....Muscovy eggs are a different story.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom