Incubating duck eggs!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 27, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im in the middle of incubating 8 duck eggs and all are doing good! I was just wondering if anyone else is incubating some eggs right now?

Im incubating 2 duck rouen eggs for a friend, and 6 rouen X khaki campbell mutt eggs for myself... What are you incubating?

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Hey Duckgirl! I'm getting ready to put 10 more in the bator. My "lagging behind in egg production" mallard decided to pop one out today! Woo Hoo!

Plus I have the 8 due next week, and the 2 due a week after that.

3. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Oh, not to mention the 9 silkie/sizzles I put in yesterday.

4. kbell

kbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    Chickamauga GA
    I have Silkies, Seramas and Crested Ducks incubating. [​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Hey quackerjack! Dont forget to post pics! Ok? Lol!

kbell: thats cool! Post pics! Mine hatch on the 10th of november...

6. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:I can't wait to post pics! I'm usually just looking at everybody else's. [​IMG] Can't wait to share my own! [​IMG]

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I can't wait to post pics! I'm usually just looking at everybody else's. [​IMG] Can't wait to share my own! [​IMG]

Lol, are you gonna keep any babies quackerjack?

8. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri

Lol, are you gonna keep any babies quackerjack?

Well, that's a good question...

I sold the 8 due next week. The 2 random ones due the next week, I think I'll vent-sex and keep any females.. Then the 10 I have to put in the bator I have sold too. So, basically if there are females in those 2 random ones I'll hang onto them, if not I'll throw them in with the next 10 going out. Or I may just keep the 2!!

I need a bigger place. [​IMG]

9. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Lol, are you gonna keep any babies quackerjack?

Well, that's a good question...

I sold the 8 due next week. The 2 random ones due the next week, I think I'll vent-sex and keep any females.. Then the 10 I have to put in the bator I have sold too. So, basically if there are females in those 2 random ones I'll hang onto them, if not I'll throw them in with the next 10 going out. Or I may just keep the 2!!

So your counting the ducklings before they hatch? Did you get money for them already?

10. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Well, that's a good question...

So your counting the ducklings before they hatch? Did you get money for them already?

HA! Good point. No, I started with 14 and threw out 4. The woman that bought them wants 10 but oh well, She said she'll take what I get. But yes, I guess I am kinda counting them before they hatch. They look so good though!!

PS: I may have just bought more eggs in auction. I gotta stay out of that place!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by