Incubating eggs from Happy Chooks *They're Here! with pics!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aukuma, Oct 28, 2010.

1. aukuma

aukuma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    I received my eggs today from Happy Chooks today in the mail. They made it from California to PA with great speed! Here's some photos.

The box as it arrived.
    [​IMG]

One egg open (it was wrapped in bubble wrap) Look at all those peanuts [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thirteen eggs! Each one arrived perfectly with not one casualty from shipping!
    [​IMG]

They are now settling in the carton. The incubator is warming up. I'm so "egg"cited to hatch these!!!

Thank you Happy Chooks!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Wooo hoooo!!!! [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Good luck with your hatch! I still can't believe they got to you that fast! I about had heart failure thinking that egg worked it's way out of the bubble wrap!!!!! Then I read your comment by the pic. Phew! And that blue egg looks green in the photo, it's so darn hard to take pics of blue eggs!

Were you able to fit all of them in the bator?

4. aukuma

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    I had to lose three [​IMG] I candled them and tossed the ones that were more porous than the others, hoping I made the right decision. I hated to do it!!! I am so excited for the 10 I have left, I even told my hubby we might need to build another coop!

5. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    The porous ones I had didn't get very far along. I let them go until day 10. Probably best that you tossed 'em. Interesting that the largest eggs were the porous ones in my case.

6. aukuma

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    Quote:That is very reassuring! I want so bad for each of these to hatch and make it to adulthood. I recently lost my favorite hen ( a real lovey one) so I am hoping to have at least one more affectionate gal. [​IMG]

7. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I deleted my message, because I mis-read and thought they were chookschick's eggs, my bad! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  8. aukuma

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    Just candled and I have 7 out of 10 which appear to be developing and actively moving. Fingers crossed for all 10 but I'll be very happy with 7!

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My fingers are crossed for you! Hopefully it's more than you think, I found the blue eggs to be really hard to candle until day 10-14. Of course, mine were under a broody and she wasn't very accomodating to them being taken. [​IMG]

Another tester had all of hers developed, but a couple quit early on.

10. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good luck to you all! I am watching this thread intently, as Happy Chooks is in NorCal somewhere and I am in Sonoma County, so...I want this to work out for selfish reasons! (AS in, when can I buy these pretty, local, groovy eggs??? Am waiting for a hen to go broody as we speak...)
    Cheers!
    Dawn

PS: put the blue eggs on a light pink cloth to photograph...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by