Incubating eggs from two different dates

foxrfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
Medina, MN
Has anyone ever used the same incubator to hatch two different groups of eggs at the same time? I started on group on this past Sunday night, and want to add another 12 on Thursday night, so they will be four days apart. I don't see any problem until day 18 for the first group. I can take the turner out at that time and put all of the eggs on the screen, but will the younger eggs suffer from the increased humidity?

I'm doing this because I was fortunate to have been given a dozen Croad Langshan fertile eggs, after I started my other group of eggs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your replies. I thought about it and decided to buy another lesser expensive still air incubator for hatching. Thank you for your input!

Is there any way you could borrow an incubator at day 18 just for the last few days? Or make a home made one? What kind of bator do you have? any way to kind of divide it and keep less water under the eggs that will be 4 days behind? I tried once to do 2 sets of eggs at different times..none of the 2nd batch hatched.

I agree with shardean! Id get another incubator. I have heard once the eggs start to hatch and the bitties are chirping it causes the other eggs to hatch. I added 2 eggs 2 days after I put my other ones on and those 2 didn't hatch. They formed in the egg but didn't hatch:(

Back
Top Bottom