Incubating Eggs In A Car???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Shanay235, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    Has anyone ever tried incubating while traveling in a car?

Next week, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to leave town for a few days. Unfortunately, my last two goose egs are due to hatch right in the middle of the days I will be gone and there is nobody at home I trust enough to supervise the hatch.

I was thinking about purchasing a power converter for my car so I could plug in the incubator and take it with me. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive and the unborn goslings will be on day 23 of incubation when I leave. What I'm wondering is:
    1. How will the vibrations from the car impact the embryo's?
    2. Could the embryo's get carsick?

[​IMG] ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

DO NOT INCUBATE A ROOSTER [​IMG] Seriously though, I have not heard of that - I have heard of someone incubating in their bra though [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    If you have a GQF brand incubator, they sell a car adapter so you can plug the incubator in without having to use a converter. [​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    well I know for the Hovabator Genisis they sell a car adapter for it, so I suppose it's not unheard of.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The car adapter is used by bee keepers some how another. That's why they made it an sell it anyway.

6. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Oh, that sounds like a pleasent vacation. "Honey, lets take some bees and go for a drive!!" [​IMG]

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    Quote:LOL!! [​IMG]
    I can see it now--- getting pulled over by a cop and trying to explain why I have e g g s stuffed in my bra.

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Laughing myself silly at THAT mental picture. Of course I would like to see someone explain to a cop why they have ROOSTERS in their undergarments!!

10. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:lol Dont knock it. Think of all the weirdness people on here do with there chickens. The only difference between chicken people an bee people is the pet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by