Incubating eggs may explode ....HELP

nkavli

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 2, 2008
I have two hens that became broody, one of them hatched a healthy chick. They both had up to 12 eggs under them. It's starting to get really cold out so I took the eggs from them and put them in a incubator. I tried to candle them and havent had much luck. I noticed when i would turn them that i could almost feel a fluid rolling around inside. Is that normal? some of those eggs also feel lighter then the others, and when i was candling them i could see fluid moving around as i turned the eggs to look at them. I dont want exploding eggs and i am new to all of this. can someone please help me.

Oh I'd get rid of those...I had one in my incubator that was stinking up the whole room. Candled all the eggs to be sure, and yep - it was all fluid rolling around. I dropped it in the driveway (on purpose) and it was all liquid and green/moldy on the inside.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I have one that i can feel something roll in when i rotate it....at what day do they usually explode?
hu.gif

~Rebecca

I candled all of my eggs again. All of the eggs that had the fluid moving freely in every direction i broke open. I was quite gross, it was a very watery and stinky. The fluid was yellowish/brown though. Out of about 20 eggs i only have 5 that have something and 2 that are questionable! Hopefully I can sucesfully hatch the 5 out.

Back
Top Bottom