1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Incubating eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZoeS95423, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Songster

Apr 17, 2011
    Hello all, I am new to incubating. I want to incubate some duck eggs, im not sure which kind yet. But I want to know all you need to know [​IMG]

2. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Do you have an incubator?? I have Duck Eggs in mine now on lockdown..

3. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Songster

Apr 17, 2011
    I do not yet, I always remember when I was younger incubating Chicken eggs, and hatching them successfully with my father. We probably still have that incubator, But of course, I want a new one. I want to know top brands. I want to know everything I need, And Everything I should know. I dont want to go into this myself, and fail. That would be very disappointing to me.

4. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    On Incubators I have Two Sportsmans & an Avey Incubator. The Sportsmans are older models but I love the room I have for eggs.My Avey Incubator is all digital,I have been hatching chickens, Ducks & Geese and have pretty good luck with all my incubators.Let me know what your going to be hatching and I'll try my best to help.If I don't have the answer there are tons of people on here I'm sure someone can help you out.

5. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Songster

Apr 17, 2011
    Well, I am very interested in purchasing some welsh harlequin eggs, or ancona eggs to hatch. Maybe some black swedish too. Pretty much whatever I can get my hands on first, and for the cheapest. I have already spent a decent amount on the ducks I have now, but hatching is something I have been wanting to do. So im searching around trying to find where I can get eggs for the cheapest. Plus with shipping and handling it kind of adds up ; ). That is what I plan on hatching.

6. ecse129

ecse129 Chirping

Mar 30, 2011
    Check Ebay both for eggs and incubators. I LOVE my Brinsea incubator. It is very stable and I have duck eggs due to hatch this week inside it now. With Ebay, check the feedback. I have gotten some GREAT eggs but also some that weren't well packaged and got jostled too much in shipping. You can also check a local feed store. At mine, you can order fertile eggs from local farmers. Good luck!

7. charbel

charbel In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    hey all its the first time for me iam trying to incubate some chicks my friend told that i only need a wooden box and a lamp and a cup of water i did what he told me and the temp of the box is around 42 c i would like to know if it is possible for them to hatch
    i hope someone answers me
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by