Incubating Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ktkid, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ktkid

ktkid Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    Today was the tenth day of my incubation process. This is my first time ever incubating anything, I candled them today, and there is movement and a clearly developing embryo in every egg( there are six eggs). Is this common? Does this mean that every egg will hatch? All of the air cells look about the right size, and everything is going great. Any comments or advise is much appreciated! Thanks for looking!

2. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Good luck in your hatch I just candled mine today at day 7th and looks like 8 of 'em are infertile[​IMG] and for your questions movements are very common remember there is a live developing inside of the eggs and doesn't means they all will hatch

Someone with experience will chime in…

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Sounds like they are doing great. What kind of incubator do you have? Just keep the temp and humidity steady and turn them till day 18 and you should get a good hatch , its possible some may not hatch but its also possible they all will. [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sounds good so far [​IMG] I hope they all hatch for you! 100% hatches are not common, but not impossible. Just make sure your humidity stays in the right range and the temperature stays constant until they hatch. Good luck!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Sounds like you are doing great!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by