Incubating experiences...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CCchickens, Aug 17, 2013.

1. CCchickens

CCchickens Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2013
    Australia
    I'm am considering buying an incubator, and have read through many reviews and stuff, but often you find some people have good experiences with a certain brand, and others loathe that exact same incubator. I need your help!!!
    Please think about your most recent hatch and tell me the following information in a similar format...

The brand/model: (e.g. HovaBator 1602N still air incubator)

I paid approximately: (e.g. $120)

Hatch rate: (e.g. 3/7)

Notes: (e.g. temperature accuracy, how well it holds heat/humidity etc., photos)

2. jenbell83

jenbell83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    san antonio,tx
    not sure what town you live but i just wanted to try hatching and now im done. well technically in a week or so after these eggs. but i have 2 incubators. i would just give you one if your close enough..lol i have no use for them after this. im in san antonio, tx

3. jenbell83

Jul 24, 2013
    san antonio,tx
    The hova bator i have holds heat great even with vents open..humidity so so..but prolly cause all my vents are open. it was i think 120 or 130. and i have 15 eggs alive. not sure of the hatch yet. will know in 5 days or so. its pretty awesome. i like it. its pretty spacy for a little household one. its taller than the other one i have running to put eggs in for lockdown. so im thinking about just keeping them put.

4. CCchickens

May 4, 2013
    Australia
    Sorry, I didn't mean to start this to find people selling incubators....the aim of this thread is just to get your opinions on your own incubators, to see if its worth me buying one for myself....
    Sorry if it wasn't very clear in the first post.
    Anyway....how did the hatches go??? Were the incubators good??? What brands???

5. CCchickens

May 4, 2013
    Australia
    (whoops...the previous post was meant to go before your second one....sorry...[​IMG])
    Thanks for the info anyway...

6. jenbell83

Jul 24, 2013
    san antonio,tx
    oh. i wasnt trying to sell it. i would just give it to someone. i wont be having a need for them. they are brand new only used once. i was just saying you could have it.

7. CCchickens

May 4, 2013
    Australia
    I would love it...[​IMG]
    But unfortunately I live in Australia...I would gladly take it but I'm not sure its worth travelling to the other side of the world for an incubator...
    (Unless you would send it to me for cost of shipping only???...[​IMG])

8. jenbell83

Jul 24, 2013
    san antonio,tx
    Yea. thats pretty far. my eggs should hatch in the next week or so. you would have to sanitize it. after they hatch i can take it to the post office and see what it would cost to ship it. you can have it. im in a good deed kinda place in my life. i could ship it and just split the cost with you. you dont have to give me anything until after you get the incubator. that way you can make sure it works good. just in case something happens during shipping. ive only used it once. but my eggs are still inside incubating. do you happen to know what internal and external pipping means? and how i can tell?

9. jenbell83

Jul 24, 2013
    san antonio,tx
    I have 2 incubators one i have eggs almost done in and the other i only used for 4eggs but werent fertile so they were only in there for a week. one incubator is a hand cranked heater and the other is a very sensitive knob turned heater both have fans. i can a take a picture and you can pick whichever one you want.

10. CCchickens

May 4, 2013
    Australia
    Wow...thanks heaps...but don't worry about splitting the shipping costs...if we take it we'll pay the lot
    The photos would definitely be appreciated...
    And thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by