Incubating goose eggs

loot4louie

Songster
Mar 10, 2010
Ringoes NJ
I have never done this. I was sent a surprise goose egg with a bunch of mixed breed chicken eggs. The lady said just throw it in and leave it 31 days. I am a nervous wreck because, I see every egg as a possible baby. I hatch every year at school with great success. I set Friday( not ideal, but the mail was delayed due to Valentines) I did not turn on turner bc I hadn't rested as long as I'd have liked. I believe chicken eggs will be ok, but I ignorantly set goose egg big end up. I have now had time to research and realize my error. Do you think I cann lay it on it's side on Monday? I am using a hovabator with fan and the digital temp/humidity displays. I am in Nj and normally have best success with dry incubation. Hoping that will be ok for goose, I will cool and mist weekdaily starting Monday. I have an ancient still air I might try to resurrect for a hatcher, but I hate moving them, ifbthey are doing well where they are! Help!

That is good news! Thanks! If geese and chicken eggs are in at the same time, can you just leave them in during the chicken lockdown and hatch? Or should I be scrambling to create another bator?

Back
Top Bottom