Incubating Help !! Brinsea Mini Eco

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by choptank330, Aug 26, 2013.

1. choptank330

choptank330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2012
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Hello Everyone! I just recently bought a Brinsea Mini Eco, and from what I understand it doesn't come with a thermometer. So my question is how do I control the temperature and the humidity? Does it come preset at a temperature of 99.5? Is it easy to hatch in these ? I had the styrofoam incubator and I did awesome until lock down, the temp spikes and I believe it killed my eggs. But I did have that sitting in the garage near a window. The brinsea will be in the house in my walk in closet away from the kids. If anyone could please help me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance !!

-Choptank

2. choptank330

Jul 31, 2012
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Anyone ??? Someone has to have one and can help me

3. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Hi! I am probably not the person you are looking for... But someone's got to answer you. ;)
    Quote: Sorry, that's the best I can offer, as I don't use artificial incubators. I would advise you to invest in some proven mothers, even if they're mongrels you never want to breed, because they can save you so much time and trouble. My little hens are worth their weight in gold, they hatch and rear chicks year in year out like little mothering machines; their influence and knowledge gives me the healthiest, smartest, calmest chicks of all.

I don't know if you'll find what info you're after in that site I linked to, and it's on the ostriches page, but asides from searching these forums I don't know where else you might find that info.

One other suggestion is to Google your query. It will likely bring you back to this forum but also to the specific threads where people have asked your questions before, which otherwise is hard to search for in the forum general. Best wishes.

4. choptank330

Jul 31, 2012
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Thank you for your help!! I have two broody hens right now, but I want my kids to be able to see chicks hatch and I got it at a really good deal. Just was looking for some info on how the humidity and temperature controlling was..

Thank You!

5. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    You're welcome, I hope you find the info you're after. Best wishes.

6. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Well if u want to know the temp and the bator dosen't come with a thermometer u will have to buy one it is very easy to hatch in any bator but ur little one sounds perfect good luck

7. choptank330

Jul 31, 2012
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Hi guys, I got my ECO in the mail today and I've had it plugged up for an hour or a little more and the temperature is staying at about 94-94 ?? How long does it take for it to get to the 99.5?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by