Incubating quail and a chicken eggs together

Lake2day

Chirping
Oct 3, 2019
Cullman, Alabama
first time incubating eggs here. I bought a Hova-Bator forced air model 2362E from an individual who threw in 16 chicken eggs and 3 quail eggs. I realize now that I should have placed the quail eggs a few days later so they would all hatch at the same time, but of course I didn’t..... If I raise my humidity levels on day 14/15 for the quail eggs to 65% will it be detrimental to my chicken eggs? The eggs were freebies so I’m out no cost, but my 3 year old son is very emotionally invested so the pressure is on! Advice please?

I don't recommend raising humidity at lockdown, but I live in a rain forest... seriously. At 60% humidity in the incubator, my quail eggs drown, so I try to keep it in the 50% range instead. Having the quail eggs go in at the same time as the chicken eggs is about perfect, in my opinion. Even if the quail hatch while still being automatically turned (I awoke one morning to find my quail chicks riding the egg turner no worse for wear). The quail chicks should be fully hatched out by lockdown time for the chicken chicks, so when you remove the quail to the brooder, you can transfer the chicken eggs out of the turner into the standard lockdown position and expect them to hatch in a couple days.
Congratulations on your upcoming flocks, I hope that you become as hopelessly addicted to quail and chickens as I have. (I also raise quail and chickens).

first time incubating eggs here. I bought a Hova-Bator forced air model 2362E from an individual who threw in 16 chicken eggs and 3 quail eggs. I realize now that I should have placed the quail eggs a few days later so they would all hatch at the same time, but of course I didn’t..... If I raise my humidity levels on day 14/15 for the quail eggs to 65% will it be detrimental to my chicken eggs? The eggs were freebies so I’m out no cost, but my 3 year old son is very emotionally invested so the pressure is on! Advice please?
:welcome
@Kiki will probably tell you not to raise the humidity that high for hatching quail eggs.

What day are you on right now with your eggs?
Do you have a separately purchased calibrated thermometer in your incubator?

Back
Top Bottom