Incubating Questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by andischickenfarm, Jul 22, 2007.

1. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I was wandering is it possible to add water to my incubator without taking the lid off? And how do I check humidity? And there is two holes in the top, one has a little red plug in it and the other one is open, am I suppose to plug up both holes until later on, or only one then open up the other one later on? I can't remember! And I've lost my instructions!

Thanks,
    Andi

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    What kind of incubator do you have. The plugs usually help control humidity and ventilation. You need a Hygrometer, available at Walmart,Lowes, Petsmart and other places including Ebay. It is best to follow the instructions that came with your incubator. If you don't have them, I feel sure you can email eithe Little Giant or GQF (Hova Bator) and they will be happy to send you a link to their instruction sheet.

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Andi,
    IF you need instructions, I know you can download them off of the GQF website.

Did you get your hygrometer?

Lori

4. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    My incubator is a Little Giant. And I'll get my Hygrometer tomorrow. Do I put it in the bottom with my Therometer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by