1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubating questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by turkeyguy123, Jan 24, 2013.

1. turkeyguy123

turkeyguy123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Does anyone out there hatch eggs out of their incubator on a weekly basis? Just wondering how to manage having some eggs hatching and other just starting.

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Do you mean without a separate hatcher? If you meant with a separate hatcher then this would work easily. Otherwise it would end up being a bad idea I would imagine. The humidity would never be perfect for either the incubating eggs or hatching unless you had it severely wrong to accommodate one set over the other. Plus when the chicks hatch they would be throwing the incubating eggs all over and getting their hatching gunk all over the other eggs. In my opinion I would never hatch in the same incubator but there are exceptions to this. Cabinet incubators are able to do this. Table top incubators would have a hard time incubating and hatching at the same time. Hope this helps.[​IMG]

3. turkeyguy123

turkeyguy123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Okay that's what I thought. I have heard of people adding eggs weekly but they may have had a separate hatcher. Thanks for your help

4. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by