Incubating serama chicken eggs

Perla_Berlanga24

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2019
I ordered 13 serama chicken eggs off of Ebay and none seem to show life when I did the candling. I was wondering if I did something wrong.. I kept the temperature at 100. Humidity always either 52 or 56 nothing lower or higher until now that it's the 19th day. But none show but just yolk inside. I checked them on day 18 when I took the automatic egg Turner out. Just want to know any advice on what I should be expecting or if I did anything wrong. The temperature nor the humidity went out of...

I just started keeping and hatching Seramas two years ago and I've noticed they seem to be a little trickier to hatch. I've had some that have been going good at candling and just ended up not pipping or anything.

I think your issue here is shipped eggs. They're a crapshoot. I've bought several batches of Serama eggs (and others) on eBay and have had results from both ends of the spectrum. I actually just bought some, and three days ago was my hatch date and I have two chicks in the bator, out of 18 eggs. Not too good. So I seriously doubt it was something specific that you did. Sorry this one was a dud!

I wasnt sure if it was me or the shipped eggs. This is my first time trying to hatch seramas. Was pretty excited about them. I couldn't find any locally so that's why I had ordered some online. Thank you for your response!

Back
Top Bottom