Incubating Serama Eggs *(Pics Of My New Babies Pg.7!)*

Comfy, clean, warmish water and feed, sounds like they got it made! I did notice in your pics the your crumbles have some very large chunks, (plus the tiny crumbs like you said)probably a good idea to crumble it some more otherwise there will be so much they wont be able to eat.

Here are some updated photos of our Itty-Bitty's. I tried to take pictures that show the different colorations of their feathers that have grown in. The two littlest ones haven't shown us what they will look like yet.

7036_b099.jpg

7036_b081.jpg

7036_b101.jpg

Judy-The middle one was our yellow chick.

These guys are now four weeks old.

Deb

Oh, Wow! They are precious. And if they are 4 weeks, they are growing feathers like gang-busters, aren't they. The first one really looks perky, but I know from experience of trying to photograph mine that they all look perky, just not when you are trying to take a picture.
tongue.png
My little devils just try to look pathetic when they see the camera, I think. I guess it scares them.
Mine are now 3 & 4 days old (the 6 hatched over 2 days) and they are already getting little wing feathers, but all mine look like they are going to be sort of streaked white/gray. Maybe more color will come out as the feathers grow more. All my chicks were yellow, but one quite a bit darker yellow, or sort of orange/brown, but seems to be growing out the same color feathers as the others. I wonder if maybe Cindy has one little hen that has particularly sturdy genes,which hatched when some of the others just weren't strong enough to stand the P.O. handling, so mine may end up all the same color. Doesn't matter, I am just so thrilled to have some!
Mine run like little deer when I put my hand in. I am torn between scaring them to death, and messing with them quite a bit to try to tame them. Don't want to stress them. Suggestions??????

I am torn between scaring them to death, and messing with them quite a bit to try to tame them. Don't want to stress them. Suggestions??????

I have found that messing with roosters as chicks is a BAD idea- especially with Americaunas for some reason. I think that just being around them as chicks would be fine, and then when they are fully feathered they are more responsive to working (and time is better spent).
Anyway, that's my opinion.
Seramas are adorabubble!!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom