incubating valley quail eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by emptynester, Oct 19, 2011.

1. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    I only have one breeding pair and they recently began laying eggs, so I figured why not go ahead and incubate them. So, 12 went in to the Brinsea incubator yesterday. I figure I can collect and put a new batch in every week then, when it's time, take them out and put them in my hovabator to hatch.

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    That's neat! They are laying very late in the season! I hatched mine in December/January...Maybe mine will lay! [​IMG] Kudos on the incubation!

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    are they breeding ? a coupla of my Bobs still are but my gambles just ain't in the mood LOL

4. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Valley quail are so beautiful! Congrats [​IMG]

5. emptynester

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Forgot to subscribe to the thread when I posted [​IMG] I was suprised when I got eggs, wasn't expecting any until spring. However, they did just finish going through a molt about a month ago. They are very pretty and I enjoy them. I'm hoping the eggs hatch and I can have more. We shall see what happens. [​IMG]

6. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    just type your name under auther in the search when you get on, emptynester, that what I do so it dosn't fill up my e-mail inbox with topic replys.[​IMG]

7. emptynester

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    great idea [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by