INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks guys! On day 3,4,5 with my chickens ducks and turkeys. If id known I was going to be incubating, I would have saved more eggs
1f636.png

Incubator all warmed up. Found out that out of 3 whole foods and 2 trader joes ZERO carry fertile eggs. My area stinks! Oh, and I use shredded paper in my brooder. It's free and in large supply. Works great for me. I put a nice thick layer down.

Do all Whole Foods sell the fertile eggs?? My spouse offered to pick some up for me, but when I called the one closest the grocery boy couldn't find any! I don't want to send my spouse on a wild goose chase!
you dont have a local farm or check on CL for someone sellin eggs ven? or a sign along the road ?

Ahh the thread has stopped!
ooh noooos what could have happened!!!
ep.gif

Its day 5. If I candle now, will I see the veins if the chicks are growing. Is it too soon? And does anybody know about candling duck eggs?
see Mike answered ya!

Prob broke the internet.
I woke up 110 posts behind.
hey bama... glad you woke up
highfive.gif

you dont have a local farm or check on CL for someone sellin eggs ven? or a sign along the road ?
I have the ones I'm testing for my pops, but that's it. And no! I've been trying to get local eggs all summer! I had wanted ads up on craigslist and facebook with one bite being some old fellow 2.5 hours away and the one lady who gave me the duds in my first hatch with you. And that lady is having winter blues so I can't even get eggs from her anymore.

Incubator all warmed up. Found out that out of 3 whole foods and 2 trader joes ZERO carry fertile eggs.  My area stinks!  Oh, and I use shredded paper in my brooder.  It's free and in large supply.  Works great for me.  I put a nice thick layer down.

If you were just a little bit closer @venymae, I'd make sure you had some to put in the bator. I'm 3 hrs South of you.

If you were just a little bit closer @venymae , I'd make sure you had some to put in the bator. I'm 3 hrs South of you.
That is sweet of you
hugs.gif
I do have my pop's tester eggs, so I'm better off than some I suppose
roll.png
But hey! If I ever am passing your way I'll send you a PM! I'd love to see your chooks and fur babies!

Last edited:
My bators are ready for tomorrow! I'm hoping to include an egg from my big girl Audrey but she hasn't laid one the past 2 days
1f644.png
But the other eggs are set aside.
And... I have 2 seperate shipped eggs hopefully in route. One breeder hasn't given me tracking yet...the other shipped yesterday but usps hasn't updated it in their tracking system
1f615.png

That is sweet of you :) I do have my pop's tester eggs, so I'm better off than some I suppose :) But hey! If I ever am passing your way I'll send you a PM! I'd love to see your chooks and fur babies!

and no one on your local thread veny?

My bators are ready for tomorrow! I'm hoping to include an egg from my big girl Audrey but she hasn't laid one the past 2 days
1f644.png
But the other eggs are set aside.
And... I have 2 seperate shipped eggs hopefully in route. One breeder hasn't given me tracking yet...the other shipped yesterday but usps hasn't updated it in their tracking system
1f615.png
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom