INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bejammie

Bejammie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina

So sorry for your loss. :(

1 person likes this.
  2. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

I've noticed that the older I get, the more that happens. I think it started when Clinton was the 1st President younger than me.
    Sorry for your loss, but you can take solace in the fact that she's definitely in a better place now.

1 person likes this.
  3. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I haven't given up completely!
    (((Hugs)))

4. 2FunKids

2FunKids Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2015
    Hi!!! I am new to all this and just put my first dozen in the incubator. Its running at 40% humidity and 99.5 F. The eggs were from a local gal that collected them for me and they are 3 days old at the most.. I weighed them and marked the air cells. They were kind of dirty but I put them in anyway. The air cells are all about the size of a dime but I had one Marans egg that I couldn't detect the air cell.

I decided to incubate eggs after having a few chicks starve out after receiving them in the mail. I have 9 chics now but I couldn't see ordering a minimum of 25 so here I go!

Hopefully I can be successful with my first hatch. I am using a hovibator with the #3 water trough filled. Running it dry it was only at 15%.

Wish me luck and pour on the advice.

5. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Personally, I went with Bourbons because of their size, temperament and they are good mothers. The woman that has mine says the hens hatched twenty some this year. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sally how's your girl feeling today.? Is the fever gone?

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    well now we get a good look at ya bj! yer too cute! and ye are holdin a dang chicken too!! my roo just took a poop down my leg just a while ago!!!! he is limpin dang it!! I think its his hip!! [​IMG]

awwwww [​IMG] see why we chat bj we are gettin to be a great big bunch of hatchin family!! [​IMG] you have lotta babies dontcha!!

oh cynthia I am so sorry [​IMG]

oh wow 20 some!

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    yeppers she is feelin better no Billy, thank you [​IMG] are you feelin better now?

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Yes I am feeling better. Pain went away before church this morning.

10. Intothebuff

Intothebuff Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    Question.......I have a cabinet incubator and separate hatcher. Why are some of the babies drying inside the eggs? I am having to rescue them and peeling them out of the egg. I lost one thinking it would get out, but it suffocated from being stuck too long (I think). The humidity is steady at about 65 to 68%. Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by