INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not always puppies and rainbows here on the farm. We had a disaster in one of our brooder pens. (20) 3wk old chicks dead. Trampled and crushed. Not sure why they huddled so tight to do this. Irrelevant now. Never ever had a mass crushing and been doing this a long time. You always get one or two weak ones maybe but to have 20 still blows my mind. These were replacements to go back into breeding pens. We dug 2 more out of the pile that were alive so we'll see if they make it.
Oh, wow... so sorry to hear that, fire. It would be one thing to lose some that were brooding to be sold or slaughtered, but if it's brooding stock, that really stings! Got any more of those in the bators?

Welcome @2FunKids
frow.gif
sounds like you did your homework! you have your thermo/hygros calibrated and all that? sounds like your set, 40% sounds a tad high to me I would run around 30-35% if your calibrated. no lower than 99.5% I like to run at 100 degree... Glad your with us!! what kinda flock do you have now?

Thanks. I have 9 two week old chics. I have 1 Easter Egger, 2 Americauna, 3 BO, 3 Black Australorps. I had them in the new run today and they were LOVING it!! It was a record breaking day here in Michigan...Almost 60 degrees.

I had three thermometers measuring the same and two hygrometers measuring the same So I didn't calibrate???? Yikes let me have it if I deserve it. The Hygrometer is new from Incubator warehouse. Should I open the incubator to do the calibration?

It seems like now with the eggs in there the humidity is running higher than when it was dry. I think I may need to go to trough 4 to get it lower to around 30 to 35.

Thanks. I have 9 two week old chics. I have 1 Easter Egger, 2 Americauna, 3 BO, 3 Black Australorps. I had them in the new run today and they were LOVING it!! It was a record breaking day here in Michigan...Almost 60 degrees.

I had three thermometers measuring the same and two hygrometers measuring the same So I didn't calibrate???? Yikes let me have it if I deserve it. The Hygrometer is new from Incubator warehouse. Should I open the incubator to do the calibration?

It seems like now with the eggs in there the humidity is running higher than when it was dry. I think I may need to go to trough 4 to get it lower to around 30 to 35.
If you have two hygrometers that are reading the same, and have access to either one of them, you should do the salt test to see how accurate it is. This way you can leave one in the incubator and if you find the one being tested is off, you can compensate the difference for the one that is still in the bator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom