INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I just reread the hatching 101 thread shipped egg section, but I wanted to triple check with you guys about turning my shipped eggs.
I don't have any rolling air cells that are actually showing signs of life, however I do have several saddle cells.

Is it ok to put a saddle cell in a brinsea mini auto turner? The egg would lay on its side and be rolled along its long axis.

How about turning in an egg carton? Last time we put a duploblock under one end in the morning, then switched it to the other end in the evening. Can I do this with my saddle cells/wiggly (but not detached) cells?

THANKS!

@Sally Sunshine

Last edited:
Here is another link.....

WARNING though its all very brightly colored images of POOP thats right POOP
PoopDance2.gif

chicken poop, but its really helpful and you can see as we were discussing COCCI and blood in poo.....
and you will see that weird poop in chickens can be normal
sickbyc.gif
and what is NOT normal!

have a look http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

people always have birds they think are hens but they end up roosters,

this hen is a isbar/Australorp, and you can see the back of a SLW, (the head you may see is a diff. bird) both of which I thought were boys, and almost gave them away. but they are girls. the first hen is huge, but lays a small egg, the second hen has not started to lay but I know she is a girl. My SLW is not friendly, but I had a diff. SLW who was not friendly when it was young, but became friendly after it had eggs.

The first hen stopped being shy after it started to lay eggs, I was calling her "Chuck" when I thought she was a boy, now I call her "Chuckwalla"

Last edited:
Ok, so I just reread the hatching 101 thread shipped egg section, but I wanted to triple check with you guys about turning my shipped eggs.
I don't have any rolling air cells that are actually showing signs of life, however I do have several saddle cells.

Is it ok to put a saddle cell in a brinsea mini auto turner? The egg would lay on its side and be rolled along its long axis.

How about turning in an egg carton? Last time we put a duploblock under one end in the morning, then switched it to the other end in the evening. Can I do this with my saddle cells/wiggly (but not detached) cells?

THANKS!

@Sally Sunshine
I would keep turning the saddles upright yet personally, some looked fairly large. but I would turn the strong ones on the sides

Nah, my daddy's kin are all up in Missouri, specifically the Ozark Plateau. We got a lotta mountain man and rootwork in our blood, as well as some curandero from my stepmom and some Romani/First Nations craziness from our Romanian and Cherokee ancestors. My mama is Vietnamese, so we got Buddhism and ancestor worship in there with some Eastern mysticism and perhaps Shamanism if the current theories are correct.
I was about half kidding you, but Marie Laveau (spelled it wrong 1st time) was a creole voodoo practitioner in the 1700's. There was a country song about her several years back, by Bobby Bare (I think)

I had a SSH filly that & raised & got started under saddle. She looked a lot like your guy. She was TW. If yours is that exaggerated up front, my guess would be TH, not SB. Once you've ridden a gaited horse, you'll throw stones at anything else.

I have three, all gaited :) a double registered twh/ssh, a twh, and Sydney my tobiano in the photo :)

I was about half kidding you, but Marie Laveau (spelled it wrong 1st time) was a creole voodoo practitioner in the 1700's. There was a country song about her several years back, by Bobby Bare (I think)
I know Laveau. Got a friend out near Baton Rouge who does conjure, visits her grave whenever they're in town. I've always wanted to go and pay my respects.

These are ISA Brown (Babcock), mixed with a dark rooster that was used for showing, he has a green tinge to his kneck feathers (not sure the breed). I have two lighter ones out of this group, not sure if that is because they are roosters or vice versa. They are happy and healthy!
Yellow fluff everywhere!
D.gif

These will be great layers! As you probably know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom