1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire370

fire370 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2015
    SC Kansas
    Cute babies Dragon!

2. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    :clap good pics!

3. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    :frow hi everybody tgif!
    Just finished candling. Looks like one entire group of shipped eggs are duds. [​IMG] No signs of any development.
    I'll leave them in til day 10 Monday and if no change (which I don't expect) I'll toss.

My flock eggs are slightly better but I was hoping for better fertility. I have 2 EE's growing and 1 EE quitter. The other 3 look infertile.

The breeder eggs that had the longest trip and saddle air cells are developing the best of all. I am only day 4 now but was able to see some good veining. Here's one of the bantam Cochin eggs:

[​IMG]

4. jlashaw

jlashaw Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2015
    Thank you! I was actually looking into it. I'm tired of all those babies dying right when they are supposed to hatch. It always happens in the middle of the night.

5. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

[​IMG]Sally gets busy elsewhere & everyone gets lockjaw..What's up with that?

6. fire370

fire370 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2015
    SC Kansas
    Came in for lunch and momma had goulash, bread and butter, and my favorite German Chocolate Cake. Yum yum.

7. kwhites634

Seems that someone eats very well. I had a sandwich & a bag of Cheetos. At least, they were crunchy

8. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    I'd answer that question, but I'm waiting for Sally to come back before posting anything. I'll get back to you on that when she does... [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    I just had a bologna sammich myself... without Crunchy Cheetos! [​IMG]

10. kwhites634

You must be on another of your infamous lunch breaks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by