INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It ain't pretty. I rewired things myself and salvaged most of this bator, so DH started calling me McGuyver. Haha

Sorry for not replying to the whole thread. I'm on my phone.

You had success with this setup before? 93 sounds low. What r u using for heat?
No no no. I'm sorry for misleading there. This is just testing the systems of the incubator. I will then make sure it holds 99.5 - 100. I won't actually test this as an incubator until I get all the tests out of the way. Heat is a 100W bulb. I know I should have a backup based on Sally's plans, but I'm still testing whether these scrap materials can actually turn into a working bator.

Edited to add, I don't even have fertile eggs to test this on, so whether or not it actually hatches anything will not be known for a couple months.

Last edited:
CHECK IN ON HATCHERS! @BG2heum how is your hatch going after the explosion? @slrose24 how are your legbars coming along? and turners are still working great? @cgbond [COLOR=000000]how is it going? did you get eggs from your friend yet?[/COLOR] I say Saris is gonna set eggs, shall we set up a pole? :lau @Saris @firedragon1982 update update!!! @lisahefner what day did you set? I didnt ask you to take note of it? hope all is well with them! @GreenRunner [COLOR=000000]how did your hatch go? did you set more eggs? [/COLOR] @Bejammie how did your candles go? @RobJones we are waiting to see those unique Kabir chicks!! how many did you get? @nuklee0 we are praying a bear didnt get you for that amazing candle photo! how are these staggered hatches going? seriously no more bear issue? @ccrane11 I forgot to ask when you set as well! how is it going??
Wow, I got candle of the year?! Thanks Miss @Sally Sunshine!
1f601.png
So interesting development here on my front...
1f610.png
Wasn't it just a few days ago that @Hawk12was telling us about her husband having the "talk" with her about her "obsession?" And as I read her post I was thinking to myself how fortunate I've been that my husband has let me go about this "thing" so freely... Then lo and behold, two nights ago he inquired about my chicken math... And then gave me a talking to since we have 5 3-week old chicks in the brooder and 10 eggs set to hatch soon... And just where was I planning on putting all these chickens? I told him he needed to build me another coop!
1f601.png
Wrong answer. Well, Miss @Sally Sunshine, no bear came by but apparently Mr. Bobcat paid us a visit sometime yesterday as I was missing one girl at closing time. We walked around the house and found the trail of feathers...
1f614.png
So what did I do last night? Maybe it was out of rebellion after our talk... Maybe it was because I lost a girl last night... Or maybe it was the addiction... But I put in the last Silkie egg and 3 LF eggs into the incubator (because the Silkie would need friends)!
1f633.png
And no, he doesn't know!
1f910.png
I'm telling myself it's an experiment to see how the eggs handle staggered hatching!
1f913.png

No no no. I'm sorry for misleading there. This is just testing the systems of the incubator. I will then make sure it holds 99.5 - 100. I won't actually test this as an incubator until I get all the tests out of the way. Heat is a 100W bulb. I know I should have a backup based on Sally's plans, but I'm still testing whether these scrap materials can actually turn into a working bator.

Edited to add, I don't even have fertile eggs to test this on, so whether or not it actually hatches anything will not be known for a couple months.
Should prove interesting. I was afraid you were using an aquarium heater,,,not sure they'll even reach 100

Wow, I got candle of the year?! Thanks Miss @Sally Sunshine !
1f601.png

So interesting development here on my front...
1f610.png
Wasn't it just a few days ago that @Hawk12 was telling us about her husband having the "talk" with her about her "obsession?" And as I read her post I was thinking to myself how fortunate I've been that my husband has let me go about this "thing" so freely... Then lo and behold, two nights ago he inquired about my chicken math... And then gave me a talking to since we have 5 3-week old chicks in the brooder and 10 eggs set to hatch soon... And just where was I planning on putting all these chickens? I told him he needed to build me another coop!
1f601.png
Wrong answer. Well, Miss @Sally Sunshine , no bear came by but apparently Mr. Bobcat paid us a visit sometime yesterday as I was missing one girl at closing time. We walked around the house and found the trail of feathers...
1f614.png
So what did I do last night? Maybe it was out of rebellion after our talk... Maybe it was because I lost a girl last night... Or maybe it was the addiction... But I put in the last Silkie egg and 3 LF eggs into the incubator (because the Silkie would need friends)!
1f633.png
And no, he doesn't know!
1f910.png
I'm telling myself it's an experiment to see how the eggs handle staggered hatching!
1f913.png
Aahhh...the female mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom