INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Here I am..catching up again for the day... Always always wanted a horse of my own. Couldn't happen. But, I was lucky in my younger years. Believe me, I found horses to ride! I have great memories of riding up along the foot hills along my favorite mountain, and through corn fields and river beds in the river bottoms. Loved it!
No other experience in the world can match it!

thanks my meds make me triple emotional and I dont need this ****
hugs.gif

big eggs hatch better with a higher temp and I dont need to explain why

I am out.... I got stuff to do

Oh man..............................................................................................!

WE LOVE YOU SALLY. AND YOU KNOW IT.

One person? Only one person in all that you have helped. Come on, get your head out of the toilet, stop blowing....bubbles. Shrug those shoulders like you know you should.

It's hard not to take things so personal at times, especially when you've gone out of your way for them. Sounds like this person is the one that took something tooooooo personal. They don't know you like most of us do. On the other hand, some folks like drama, and like to feel sorry for themselves. I've had it happen a few times on here. Boy, I leave the computer, and wait until I have stopped...blowing.... bubbles. So, hoping that when you stop and think how it really doesn't matter, that you will come back on and be our Silly Sally. We love it!

You might be better off...fertility tends to drop off this time of year.

Nooo, don't say this. Say this isn't true.
hmm.png
I haven't got a rooster, when I do, it's for a short time because the collar only works for a while. So, I have them for a short while mating, then off they go when they get too noisy. This is why I don't know rooster behavior. Makes sense they would slow down, like the hens do laying at this time of yr. My friend told me that some of those eggs might not be fertile because her rooster had slowed down.. the marans boy. I am really wanting those splash marans to be fertile! And, a few of those big blue eggs! They are F1 OE's.

2 of the 4 eggs Ma hen was sitting on, Chub, meet Grace, Grace meet Chub...EE/leghorns, (from white eggs) I hope they get some spots...

don't you think Chub looks like an old soul?
Bet they do get spots. I have a leghorn/blue copper marans mix out there. Here is a photo of her now.

So cute, she has some feathering on her feet. She has .. pink..earlobes. Will be interesting to see what color of an egg she lays.

LL

Nice, I'm hoping my monster egg isn't a double. Talked to her last night, and she said some of those have been, but a lot weren't. Wouldn't it be fun if I got that thing to hatch. How big would that chick be?!?

I would say the shell size would allow it to grow pretty HUGE! Does it work that way? Would it really grow as big as the shell will allow?

I'm in Walmart now..can someone tell me what flashlight is best for candler?
Led?
How many lumens?

Yes LED and as high lumens as you can find!

I use an led from Walmart but I'm sure it isn't the best by a long shot. It's a $3 led from the camping supplies area. It's pretty decent, actually. I just don't get a lot of detail on dark and green eggs though.

I use this or the led light on a phone which works better.

You all need one like my DH made for me..out of a big ol bean can. We put an floresent light in there..he put card board and then duct tape around .. and of course, and nice little hole in the middle of the card board. I've been using it for around three yrs. now. Works great! Can see in those dark eggs pretty good, in the very beginning, and in the middle of time, I can see just barely above the air cell, if there are veins or. not. In the end, you can see the whole black body moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom